Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Kitchen 2013

 I love to decorate our kitchen for Christmas ! This year I loved it even more because of the remodel ! So much more open so everything can be seen better!

 The table is all set for lunch ! Wish you could all come over ! I have a huge thing for Fitz and Floyd Christmas pieces and they are all over the kitchen !
 There is a Fitz and Floyd Santa on the table as a centerpiece.. The table is set with Dollar Tree white plates , the bowls and cups came from a church rummage sale, along with the big bowl ! My subway art table runner is on the table too.
 There was a regular doorway here last year , we took about 4 feet off the wall and took out the header over the door so its more open..

 This doorway got opened up too , along with taking down the wall in the foyer..


 I love the candy cane kitchen tree even more this year with the addition of the chalkboard ornaments !
 My daughter and I painted this oak hutch ,you can see the transformation here .
 The inside is painted light grey , the same color as the living room /dining room..Its filled mostly with my estate sale , goodwill , rummage sale thrifty treasures !

 A little vignette on the hutch , my vintage scale, a chalkboard, ice skate ornament and of course some Fitz and Floyd !

From the family room into the kitchen hangs this DIY chalkboard I made with a garage sale frame. I got the chairs for the table at an Estate sale for $35.00 for the 4 of them ..The table came from Craigs list.
 
 
 

 

I made this little framed chalkboard from a Good Will frame , wrote the word JOY and framed it with a little wreath .. More Fitz and Floyd on the vintage scale. Greenery and hydrangeas from the garden..

 Here is another of my favorite Fitz and Floyd Santas.. he is in a thrifted basket with a miniature tree .
 I love the wreaths in the windows at Christmas time.. I just bought wreaths at Michaels, added a few floral picks, and tie them up with red check ribbons. There is more Fitz and Floyd over the refrigerator with some greenery

Thanks so much for your visits and nice comments !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :

DIYShowOff

29 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Everything is lovely. I never knew about Fitz and Floyd until I started blogging. You sure have some beautiful things.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What did I tell you? Craftiest, Crafter of them all. I adore your home. I don't even know about Fitz and Floyd and now I have a thing for them...off to research and I must say too...the chalk board ornaments...awesome. In love with your home, am I! Top to bottom, every season!

Carol said...

Such a warm and welcoming kitchen, Priscilla... Love the idea of the Goodwill frame with the word "Joy" and the little wreathe around it. Even I could handle that :)

Barb said...

Oh, please can I come for an in-person tour? Your decorating is just too wonderful! I know it would be so much fun to see it all "up close and personal"!

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us.


Stacey said...

So glad to find your blog. You have an amazing Christmas kitchen. I'm going to snoop around some more. :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's pretty!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Now this I call a gorgeous C'mas kitchen! So many lovely details, I don't know where to start...I love it ALL! I'm gonna go back and check it some more!
FABBY

Catherine said...

I am in awe of all of your decor and your talent in pulling it all together!

Abby said...

Everything is just so beautiful! It's all so bright and cheerful looking! Thanks so much for stopping by chapter37 and for your kind comments!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Priscilla, everything looks so festive! I love your collection of F & F. I can see why you are loving your new open kitchen. Your chalkboard art is wonderful. Mine still remains empty. Haven't taken the time to write on it yet. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Kris said...

SO festive and pretty Priscilla!!! I love it!!!
xo Kris

Phyllis Boykin said...

Very beautiful!

Barb said...

That kitchen is so cute, I would love to come for lunch!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

It's all so charming. Wonderful kitchen, wonderful Christmas décor. I came over from BNOTP, and I enjoyed the tour so much. laurie

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I love your kitchen it looks fabulous. Great job! I came over from BNOP and so glad that I did. I will be following you. Have a great weekend.
Mary

Chubby Chieque said...

A merry and a charming table.

Love all your treasures.

Greetings,
/CC girl

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I like all of your decor.

Pamela
In Ohio

ornate splendor said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Wonder decorating, and beautiful kitchen remodel. Cheers, Catherine

Jannet said...

Hi Priscilla! Found your blog through 'Show & Tell Friday' absolutely love your kitchen! I'm a big fan of Fritz & Floyd too. Also I saw a glimpse of some crochet owls, and since I love to crochet, I will have to give them a try. Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a lovely weekend XX

bj said...

What a beautiful, beautiful kitchen..your decorations look awesome.
Here from French Country.:)

Pamela said...

Everything looks so festive and welcoming! Thanx for coming and sharing your Christmas kitchen at THT.

Anonymous said...

So fun and festive ~ I can feel the Christmas spirit just looking at your pictures. Great job on your remodel too!

ornate splendor said...

Just wonderful! Love that you decorate the kitchen...I never seem to make it to that room...you are inspiring me! Merry Christmas to you -- Catherine : )

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your kitchen is just beautiful and so is your grand collection!

Highpoint Circle said...

Enjoyed the kitchen tour. I did one too this week, so naturally I was drawn to yours. Very nicely done!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I love everything about it! So much to look at here - but your table runner, chalkboards, hutch and Santa's were my favorites. You have a knack for decorating, that's for sure!! XOXO

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So very welcoming! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites today at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in take a look at your feature. Hope to see your prettiness again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY! You're being featured, so hop on over...
Blessings,
Cindy

Cindy said...

Very, very pretty!