Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas In The Family Room

Our Family room is decorated with 4 trees, the mantel over the fireplace and a few Christmas vignettes on the tables..Here is our mantel for this year ..I used white garlands , light up glitter houses from Homegoods.. and a hand painted sign.All the stockings are hand cross stitched by me:)
Two of the trees are on the sides of the fireplace ..the scrapbook tree and the snowman tree .

 Yes that is one of our pups wrapped in a Christmas quilt in the chair.. On top of our aqua cabinet , I placed a vintage sled, a lantern on a pedestal with greens and burlap ..with an ice skate ornament tied on. A dept. 56 Skating santa, and a 3 ft. tree with miniature glass ornaments.I used burlap , fresh greens and flocked greenery .. with a couple dollar tree snowflakes for decoration on the sled. I brought my handpainted sign from the foyer to put on top of the sled.
I painted some of the raised areas on the aqua cabinet cream ,I think its going back to plain aqua..


 The other snowman tree in the room sits in between this cabinet and out Entertainment center.

Another vignette on the sofa table has a vintage scale, with a Fitz and Floyd santa on top, fresh greenery and a pair of Jack Russells on a thrifted silver tray.
 On the coffee table I have a big tray that I got at Pier One ..It holds 3 more of the glitter houses, greenery , burlap, and lots of Dollar Tree ball ornaments.Instead of using the batteries in each house I bought a strand of battery operated lights, cut a hole in the bottom of each one and stuffed a few lights in each. It is so pretty at night.

 Another Fitz and Floyd Santa , on top of a silver platter, and then on top of a pedestal.. more Dollar Tree ornaments and fresh boxwood and evergreen trimmings from the yard.




Two vignettes, a chalkboard from an old thrift store frame , a couple Dept. 56 Santas, scrapbook Mrs. Santa , and Santa looking at a scrapbook.. and a very old cross stitch that comes out every year ..sit on the sofa table.
 Love this snowman tree!
 The Americana Tree is the 4th tree in the room.. Decorated with red white and blue patriotic ornaments..
 I have more of my Dept. 56 Santas on the bookshelves by the trees.


Thanks so much for stopping by ! I appreciate all your visits and comments ! Somehow Blogger is not updating my blog in blogrolls , so you might want to check my older posts so you don't miss anything !:)
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !

Linking to :

10 comments:

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Wow! What a Christmas wonderland at your house! I love all your decorations. Your home looks so festive! Stopping by from From My Front Porch To Yours

Linda O said...

Beautiful, just beautiful
I love seeing all of your decorations
Love Linda O xxx

Catherine said...

Beautiful!

Barb said...

Just beautiful! Santa will feel right at home!

Rosie M. said...

What a festive family room! I especially love your hand stitched stockings! BEAUTIFUL!! Happy Holidays!
Rosie

Blondie's Journal said...

Your family room looks beautiful, Priscilla! You must have a lot of energy! Everything looks so colorful and festive and there's a lot of sparkle here...love that! :)

I love the stockings, I can cross stitch and often thought of making the kids stockings. I made a few ornaments instead. Very cute vignettes, I love your sled!

Visiting from Cindy's party. Happy Holidays!

XO,
Jane

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your house looks like an old fashioned Christmas! So festive! Visiting from the Mantel party!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Just Gorgeous! Love the two trees. Happy Holidays.
xx,
Sherry

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Priscilla you amaze me with all of your trees! I love the scene on the sled and the vintage scale vignette! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Have a very Merry Christmas!
hugs,
Jann

White Lace and Promises said...

Breathtaking. I love all the lights and glitter. Everything sparkles.