Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Two Snowman Trees


 Good Morning ! Today I am sharing with you two of the four of the trees in the family room.. both of them are snowman trees , but they are quite different !
 I made this snowman out of a four foot tree .. this is her third Christmas and she still looks good! I do add a little more stuffing each year . I just put her away in big black garbage bags .
 I get new sticks every year for her arms, plug her in ..and instant decoration . Wish all my trees were that easy :)


 The second snowman tree got a new tree topper this year .. I wanted a snowman head for the topper
 and was searching online , couldn't decide whether to make one or buy one ..
and then a thought came to me that I had this snowman , my sister in law in Connecticut gave to me a few years ago that the lights stopped working in and something was wrong with his base that he wouldn't
 stand up anymore, and I had it just leaning against the wall.... So all it took was removing 2 screws and putting a strand of lights in his head and I have a new tree topper ! Isn't he just amazing !
 
This tree is decorated with snowmen and snowflake ornaments and lots of snowflake garlands. I have made a some of the ornaments on the tree , these are some of my favorite cross stitched ornaments ..lots of Prairie Schooler ornaments !


 
Thanks so much for visiting !
 I appreciate all your visits and comments !Have a wonderful Saturday ! I will be back tomorrow with more trees !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :


DIYShowOff

17 comments:

Barb said...

Your snowman trees are wonderful! Very creative too, and very clever what you did with the snowman's head to make the tree topper!

Four (4) trees just in your family room?? WOW! You must have a pretty large family room. I just know your house would be way too much fun to visit. I certainly would love to take a tour!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your trees and all of your beautiful decorating. Once again, thanks for sharing.

Gabriele said...

Great! Awesome! Cool! That's all I can say. I am really very impressed and would like to see it real!
Greetings from Germany

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Priscilla, I adore your snowman trees and I plan to make one for our front porch. You were very clever to be able to salvage that snowman head to use on top of your tree. I took a peak at your kitchen tree too and it's so cute!

Catherine said...

Fabulous! You are so creative ~ love how you salvaged the head!

Barb said...

I do love the snowman tree! I love any tree with PS ornaments!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I adore both of them!! I am so envious of all the room you have...
Next year, I will be determined to get all my trees up...

Hugs,
Deb

Heather Coody said...

Gorgeous! I love the snowman theme... You're so creative!

thepaintedapron.com said...

Love the snowman tree, so different! I bought a topper similar to yours and just love it!
Jenna

mrsben said...

I have a grandson who would just love your trees as for his first Christmas, I started a snow man 'n ladies (soft sculptured) collection for him. Though only seven years old, his favourite tree in the house is the one decorated with them. Yours are so adorable! ☺ -Brenda-
P.S: Have always wrapped his Xmas gifts in snowmen paper as well. That way before he could read, he knew which ones were his.

Unknown said...

I love both of your trees, but the second one is my fave! The new snowman head is perfect, and the blue strands work wonderfully for arms. It looks like he's reaching out to you. Love that! :-) Following you now on Facebook and Pinterest.
Blessings,
Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

Crafts a la Mode said...

I've been wanting to make the snowman tree but I don't think it's going to happen this year.. so many projects left to go. :) Take care, Linda

PINNING.

Come share this at our Christmas Linky party.

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/12/all-things-christmas-linky.html

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Oh wow, those have to be the most adorable thing ever....Now that's creativity!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love, love, love your snowman trees, so fun. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Vanessa said...

I love it! I've never heard or seen of a snowman tree but now I want one! So adorable!

Puddin N Pie said...

Really clever idea!

Unknown said...

I have a snowman fetish and this is just one more thing I'll need to make! Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, so clever! I've never seen anything like this. LOVE IT! It goes great with my "snowman fetish"! :D