Monday, December 2, 2013

The Scrapbook Tree and The Americana Tree

Good Morning !



 Today I am sharing the last 2 trees in the family room.. The scrapbook tree holds all the ornaments my kids made in school with their photos. Also I make ornaments out of all the wallet size photos. This year I even had some of my Instagram photos printed at Walgreens .. Love the little 4 x 4 squares! I also get some of my photos printed into wallet size to make ornaments from.


 
I use cardboard wrapped with scrapbook paper and just add ribbons,  buttons, and other trims ..Its surrounded by a no sew ruffled tree skirt made from muslin on a felt backing.
There is red decomesh woven through the tree , and also 2 different patterns of ribbon , and a ribbon tree topper.
 This tree spins so it is decorated all the way around. My kids always like to look at the ornaments and now the youngest grandson is loving it too :)
 


 The last tree in the family room is the Americana tree ..I love the rusty star tree topper , and all the red ,white and blue ornaments !



I try every year to get a few more patriotic ornaments for this tree ..The tree skirt is a quilted red , white and blue ..
Well , that's the last 2 trees in the family room..Here are the other two if you missed them
Thanks so much for stopping by ! I appreciate all your visits and comments !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :



DIYShowOff

11 comments:

Carol said...

It really is Christmasland at your home, Priscilla!! Everything looks so warm and cozy. I think the Americana tree is my favorite :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Pricilla, you are the original, craftiest, crafter of them all! I love, love, love the scrapbook tree! That's exceptional!

Anonymous said...

Oh Priscilla, may I please come a visit your beautiful Christmas home? Your trees (and everything else)!are so festive, so pretty and so imaginative. I think it would really be hard to choose a favorite tree - they are all so wonderful!!

Barb said...

Your beautiful trees continue to amaze me!

Catherine said...

Fantastic trees!! I think my favorite was the pic of your grandson looking at the tree ~ adorable!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how pretty. I love the theme trees and each one is so beautiful and different. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your tree looks beautiful!

Danielle

Vel Criste said...

Both looks absolutely spectacular!!!!! What a wonderful idea to put pictures all over! Thanks for sharing Priscilla! Saw you at Savvy Southern Style :-)

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Cute trees! Love the Americana one! Have a wonderful Christmas season!
Gina

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Priscilla, the tree with the photos is such a fun one for family to enjoy. I love the picture of your grandson looking at one of the photos! I love anything Americana too. I use to do a small tree at my previous home. I have a guest room that is decorated in Americana style so I just add a few little patriotic decorations. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! So glad to have you join in the fun!
Leslie
House on the Way