Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Crafting..Book Page Trees

 Look at the cuteness of these book page trees ! We have made book page tree toppers and wreaths and book page ornaments , and now trees ! They are #fabulouslyfestive ! This is my last post of the year for Joann Fabrics and Crafts Stores. I have really enjoyed creating some fun things , and am thankful for the opportunities !
 
 Lets make some trees ! To make them you need an old book , cardboard cone shapes, we purchased these at Joann Fabrics, we got 2 different sizes,a hot glue gun and glue, also some glittery pipe cleaners to make a star , and ribbon for the bow at the top... You use the same technique to roll the pages, as we did on the bookpage tree topper..  only the pages are cut in half.  Just keep making rows, try and keep them straight .. I went up about 1- 1-1/2 inches for every row.
 We actually made them 2 ways, above we stapled the tubes before gluing.. it gives a more flat tree especially at the top. Below we did not staple just glue the tubes on. I prefer this way , I think the trees look better .
 We used glitter pipecleaners, and bent them in a star shape ..2 for each tree to make the star three dimensional ,and just glued them with hot glue. We set them on top of Ball Jars filled with small ornaments .. The tree in the back is the stapled version , the tree in the front is the not stapled cones. They look very different , you just have to decide which version you like better :)
 I am using mine on my dining room table ... I will be back to show you the whole dining room tomorrow ! There's a whole lot of book pages going on in there !
 
Use this coupon on the pipecleaners ! The cones are on sale.. This was a very inexpensive project and the finished project looks amazing ! I Used my burlap wreath for the centerpiece.. There is a tutorial there on how to make one. Visit Joann Fabrics http://bit.ly/1dZqWsw !
 
 
Thanks so much for your visits and nice comments !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :

I was compensated by Joann Fabrics for this blog post but all opinions are my own.

9 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have always wanted to try the book page creations..love, love the trees!!! Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend!

Kris said...

I really enjoyed making my wreath! I love the look of the trees!! So cute!!!
Hugs,
Kris

Salvage Sister & Mister said...

I am LOVING this! What a great way to use old books.

Jane @ urbanejane. said...

What a gorgeous way to use book pages!
I'd love if you could link this up at our Holiday link party: http://www.urbanejane.com/2013/12/holiday-glam-link-party.html

Thank you for the inspiration! :)

Barb said...

Such cute little trees!

Catherine said...

Great idea!

Katie said...

Love these! I'm totally making one this year! Thanks for the info!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love anything made with book pages! Love your whimsical Christmas trees. Thanks for the tutorial!!

Debbie @DewdropGables said...

I've made a few book page wreaths, but this is different and very cool! I love them and will have to try this one day.
I saw you sharing at the Christmas Extravaganza Party.
Debbie :)