Monday, November 18, 2013

Book Page Ornaments and The Dining Room Tree

 
Book page ornaments are popping up all over blogland , so I had to make some ! I tried last night to make some I saw on Pinterest that looked like snowflakes, but it took me an hour and it was only half finished..With one !! This morning I made these and they are very easy !

 I also had to add that chalkboard look  element to them as well .. I am using these on my dining room tree.
 To make these I cut strips of book pages .. 3 pages per loop.. each strip  1/2 inch wide and I used 9 loops to make each one. Cut about 1/2 inch off all the way around the pages to get rid of the white margins..
 I started out trying to hot glue each loop but then a lightbulb went off and I got out the stapler ! Staple each of your loops together..

 Then hot glue them all together..Hold them until they stick...It doesn't really matter what your center looks like because you will be adding something to the top.
 I added Dollar Tree snowflake ornaments and also cut black paper with a paper punch and wrote on it with a white sharpie paint pen.


 
I decorated this tree in our dining room with platinum colored ornaments, burlap woven through the tree, pinecones, burlap flowers, these book page ornaments, Dollar Tree snowflakes and ornaments, some white flower picks from an estate sale and glittery branches from Michaels that I cut apart..there's also some beaded garlands..


 It is sitting in a bucket that we got at a church rummage sale..and oh boy did I fight with this tree to get it to stand in the bucket .. I have a piece of burlap over the top of the bucket so you can't see the big cans of crushed tomatoes , cans of enchilada sauce and a weight from the boys weight set ! :) But it is standing up straight and tall !!!
 
Thanks for visiting ..I love this tree and I hope you do too !
Thinking about all those affected by the tornadoes yesterday !I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :


DIYShowOff

20 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful. I love your snowflakes and the burlap around the tree.

Kris said...

They are so delicate and pretty!!!
xo Kris

Barb said...

This tree is so pretty. You are so talented. I'm looking forward to seeing all your trees!!

Tammy N said...

Your book page ornaments are so pretty. Love how they look on your tree.

One More Time Events said...

These are so cute and what a great idea... Very Nice would like to invite you to come share at One More Time Events...Tammy
http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/11/one-more-time-features-and-party-with.html

One More Time Events said...

These are so cute and what a great idea... Very Nice would like to invite you to come share at One More Time Events...Tammy
http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/11/one-more-time-features-and-party-with.html

Barb said...

That tree is so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing the directions.

Gabriele said...

I am always amazed looking on your blog. Your ideas are great.
The tree looks wonderful.
Greetings

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, these are so beautiful. I love this idea and the tree is stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Cynthia said...

These are so very pretty. I might try making a few for my own tree.

Unknown said...

Love those...simply elegant.

Thanks for sharing at the Twirl and Take a Bow Party! We hope to see you again next Tuesday.

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

How cute! What a creative way to decorate.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What an awesome Christmas tree and with DIYed ornies, wow! They look lovely and even elegant, I love them! Thank you for your visit, you made my day!
Hugs,
FABBY

DianeM said...

The tree is just beautiful :) I haven't heard about the book page rage so I'll have to head over to Pinterest & check it out. I love that you added a chalkboard element :)
Smiles, DianeM

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So pretty Priscilla. I love the addition of the chalkboard! Your tree is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those are so pretty--what a wonderful idea!

Tea in the Library said...

So pretty! My fingers are itching to give these a try! Such a great post to find at SYC!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! What a stunning tree!! You have outdid yourself on this beauty!!

Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

view website buy tramadol online in florida - tramadol bargain discount code

Jane said...

Lovely tree! Thanks for the easy-to-follow instructions and ideas!