Sunday, July 8, 2012

Home with no Internet !!!

We are back from vacation , had a great time ! While we were gone my older kids painted the kitchen and all the trim and doors ! Such a great surprise !
Before we left my husband canceled our home phone that was bundled with the Internet ..(we all have cell phones and don't use the home phone at all) that canceled put Internet too ( even though Comcast says it didn't ) just must be a coincidence .. Not .. Anyway they were supposed to send a new router etc .. Within 3-5 days . It's been almost 2 weeks! They are coming tomorrow to fix it I hope because I have severe blog withdrawal !!
We have had severe heat here like a lot of the country .. My tomatoes and beans are doing great but I can't say the same for my zucchini and cucumbers . It's cooled off a lot today in the low 80s .. About 1/2 of our blackberries look like they are fried so we won't be getting a big crop like last year . I think the sun just baked them ! Thanks for coming by my blog and thanks always for your nice comments ! Hope to get to start catching up with all of you tomorrow !!! Have a great Sunday !

5 comments:

Hoots Cove said...

Just talking about cancelling our home phone due to us all having mobiles here in the UK. I'll be checking this out in the morning, hope your internet gets back up and running soon xx

P.S. The beans look delish!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Hi Priscilla: I would be all at sea if I didn't have Internet for 2 weeks, but nothing Comcast does surprises me anymore--it's our only choice in our little town. Hope it's back up very soon. What a beautiful garden you have. We have berries, too, and when the weather warms up into the 80s and 90s I have to get out there every day and pick or they do dry up on the vine, or just rot. But they are so very yummy--I'll take any I can get! Take care, stay cool and have a fantastic week!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, yummy fruits and vegies. The cone flowers are gorgeous too! Cable...grrrr. The real problem is that we don't have choices, one cable company available to us also. Found you at Tuesday Garden Party

Unknown said...

Your garden looks luscious!

ATT wants to almost double our internet rate, but I hate Comcast even more. We can't ditch our landline because we don't have cell phone reception inside our house, but we are thinking of doing the magic jack thing to at least get control of that part of the bill.

Mrs. Petrie said...

What a garden! I am jealous of your berries, they look so juicy and beautiful.