Sunday, August 30, 2015

In the Garden August 30...



 Happy Sunday !
Here is this weeks photo walk through the garden ..
I took these photos from my kitchen window through the screen ..I just love how they look .

 I never knew that these little finches destroy my zinnias.. They sit on top and pull the petals off like they are eating an artichoke !

The asters are blooming and they are all amazing .. So many different pink and lavender colors..

 Love this sunflower only 1/2 open ..
The zinnias are still going strong !
 This is ONE sunflower that is a volunteer in my vegetable garden .. The bottom of the stalk is about 8 inches around. There are so many branches off of it that each have multiple flowers on them.. It is leaning so it is tied to the fence.. It looks like a sunflower Christmas tree!
 Limelight hydrangeas, coneflowers and sunflowers..
 love these butter yellow zinnias
 A bouquet of zinnias for the house..
 More zinnias..
 Red volunteer sunflowers
Pinkie Winkie hydrangea ..zinnias and limelight hydrangea..
I will be back this week with some Fall decorating! I am so excited for it!

If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http:http://diyshowoff.com/
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

7 comments:

Barb said...

Just beautiful!! The screen gives such an interesting look to the pictures.

Jill said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! How do you keep the birds from destroying your sunflowers? They tear ours up pretty good :-(

Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

There is something so peaceful looking at your beautiful flowers. Kathleen in Az

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Perfectly gorgeous...and you make it look as if effortless, but I know that there is a lot of work to keep a garden looking that fantastic!

Carol said...

You have such a green thumb--wow! Your flowers are so gorgeous this summer, Priscilla!

Stacy said...

The third photo from the bottom is stunning. Such a huge explosion of color. I think I might try zinnias next year and my son wants a sunflower garden. Have a great weekend!

Just Another Old Geezer said...


Love you photos especially the birds, thansk for the great pics!
http://crossstitchpatternheaven.weebly.com/cross-stitch-patterns-birds.html