Friday, October 21, 2011

Framing Witches go riding & Zinnias

 I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get a frame for my witch cross stitch...I couldn't find a standard frame that fit ...I checked to see how much a custom frame would be and it was $48.00 with 50%off..that was not going to happen..The framer then showed me the wall frames ,and found a 9 x 12 that would work..It was only $11.00 with the 50% off. I didn't like that so much of the cross stitch fabric showed so I cut strips of homespun and sewed them around like a mat. I love the way it turned out ( even if it is a little crooked ) We took it apart 3 times and tried to straighten it. Maybe after Halloween we will try again :)..I picked all my blooming zinnias yesterday since it was supposed to frost. They are gorgeous !I also picked another 7 lbs. of tomatoes and 6 peppers. The garden just keeps on producing !I started Lizzie Kates Halloween abc's..Hope to finish before Halloween , and another ripple crochet blanket! Keeping busy !








Photobucket

5 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

That is a very creative solution for a mat for your beautiful cross stitch and even better than an ordinary mat!

Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday. I always appreciate your participation!

Kristi said...

I love what you've done with the homespun! It looks awesome. I have this pattern, but haven't done more than gather the floss for it. :/ Anywho, this looks great. ♥

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful homespun, it turned out awesome. I love making cross stich and it's been a long time I haven't yours is wonderful! Hugs, FABBY

The Charm of Home said...

Great cross stitch! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Daisy said...

Hey! this is amazing I want to make one! please who can provide me this pattern I really appreciate to contact me djbr50@gmail.com thanks Daisy Bueno PERU