Friday, November 23, 2018

Snow for Christmas

Good morning!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!
I finished stitching this Snow for Christmas from With Thy Needle and Thread a couple weeks ago and had it all finished up but didn't do a blog post!
 I stitched it on 28 count tea/coffee dyed light blue Monaco .. I used all Classic Colorworks floss shown above ..Love it on the blue!

 For the finish I mounted it on sticky board .. sticky.. sticky ..sticky board .. couldn't resist.. I used a another piece of sticky board covered with plaid homespun and glued the 2 pieces together ..

 I used a vintage metal tray that I chalk painted cream and then wiped some of the detail areas off with my finger while it was still wet ..I used plaid ribbon for a bow.. Christmas greenery and berry picks and some cotton branches .. Love him so much!

  ***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
 Thanks so much for your visit! Ok ..now that this is finished ..., back to decorating!
This weeks You Tube video ..

                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute my dear!

Barbara Henderson said...

I love your finish as always ❤

Barb said...

He really is delightful!! Plus that's a great way to display him.

Katie said...

Beautiful finish!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Thx for sharing. I’m always on your pages for inspiration.

Kathy H said...

I loved seeing this piece today. Great finish too. It’s always so much fun to see what you have made.

Suzdownunder said...

Hello Priscilla,
I have just discovered you and Chelsea and its been such a joy to see your work and home and garden. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. I AM INSPIRED to stitch even more than aI do now. Bless you both. Suzanne from New Zealand a new subscriber.