Monday, August 26, 2013

Zucchini Casserole


Good Monday morning ! I thought I would share one of our favorite ways to eat zucchini ..
You can make this either on top of the stove , or start it on top of the stove then put in the oven.. To make this I used 3 pretty big zucchini ,( not the huge ones) and one yellow squash. I peeled and chopped them and put them in the pan with about 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1/4 of an onion( chopped) After it cooks for awhile , add a couple peeled tomatoes . ( my kids like the zucchini soft , so if you like yours crunchy just don't cook it so long.) Salt and pepper too.
Then I add about 2 Tbsp of butter , some fresh oregano and fresh basil.
To finish it I added a handful of mozzarella cheese , and a handful of Colby jack. Put the lid on the pan , and the cheese gets all melty :) If you want to finish it in the oven ,put it in a casserole dish then add the cheese. This is such a good way to use up a lot of your zucchini .. One of my sons could eat that whole pan by himself , he loves this stuff so much ! I have even frozen zucchini in chunks and used them to make this and it turned out really good , it just tastes better with herbs and tomatoes fresh from the garden !
Picked some more of my zinnias and played with the Rhonna ap on my iphone .. love this photo of my zinnias !!
 
Hope you have a wonderful Monday , let me know if you make the Zucchini casserole !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Kris said...

Looks goooood Priscilla! I make something similar. I cook it in the oven though, and I top it with panko bread crumbs, mixed with parmesan cheese and herbs. YUMMO!
xo Kris

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to learn that you have a blog Priscilla!!! I will add it to my phone home screen right away! Can't wait to try your zucchini casserole! Heidi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Looks amazing. I would love this. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I love love love zucchini - will definitely try this!

Mindy said...

Sounds delicious! And the zinnias are gorgeous.

Simply Simplisticated said...

This looks quite wonderful will be making!

Catherine said...

Yummy! My mom makes something very similar, but her casserole has browned ground beef as well.

the cape on the corner said...

this looks delicious! I never do anything more than just sauté my zucchini.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Priscilla this looks so delicious! I will definitely be making this one. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's Sunday Showcase. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty.html Hope to see your prettiness again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Mindy said...

I'm makin' this for dinner tonight, YUM!

Kim said...

Priscilla, thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it for next week's quilt club. What do you usually serve with it? Thanks again for all the wonderful inspiration! Kim

Joan said...

Priscilla, thank you for posting this recipe. It was delicious. Made it last night with peppers instead of tomatoes. YUM!!!

Unknown said...

I tried this recipe and I loved it!!