Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Trifle

 I just wanted to show you the dessert my daughter and I made yesterday for Memorial Day..we saw this idea here on Pinterest .

 This all started by running through our local mall on Sunday evening trying to find a trifle dish .. we finally found one with a few minutes to spare until all the stores closed :)
 We bought a frozen Sara Lee pound cake and cut it lengthwise into about 3/4 inch slices... Mixed up a batch of whipped cream with a little sugar.. cut the strawberries into thirds lengthwise , added the blueberries and a little sugar.
 We started the layers by adding whip cream , some of the pound cake scraps , berries then tried to place the pound cake stars around the sides .
 We kept it in the refridgerator until it was time to eat . It was so good ! Can't wait to make it again :)


 There is a sneak peek of my newest table runner. I haven't been able to finish it yet , I have been so busy , but it will be coming soon , and I think it is my all time favorite !
 This was our weather yesterday , gloomy and chilly ..I think it is going to rain all week !
 Photo op with the baby :)
 We took Mr. Adorable for ice cream .. I think he liked it !!
Hope you all had a nice weekend with family and friends !

Thanks as always for stopping by and your nice comments !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Kris said...

I love that trifle!! I love trifle anyways, and this one is so festive! I may make it for the 4th.
I hope your grandson is better by now, and home resting!
xo Kris

Catherine said...

Oohhhh....that looks yummy!!
Hope the big brother is feeling better!

Barb said...

That ice cream picture is priceless-what a cutie. Sure hope his big brother is fine soon. And what a wonderful desert! Thanks for the directions.

Sunny Simple Life said...

I just love this. Making it for the fourth for sure.

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

What a fun dessert. Trifles always get attention.

Carol said...

What a great idea for a patriotic (and healthy!) dessert, Priscilla. I just love this time of year with all the fresh berries :)

Hope your older grandson is back home soon!

Unknown said...

Looks cute AND delicious!! Great for Memorial Day and 4th of July! I would love for you to share this on my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays blog link party, it's still going on this week.

http://sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-tooth-tuesdays-3.html

The Tablescaper said...

The cake cut in star shapes is such an awesome idea!

I host a weekly link party called "Seasonal Sundays". This week, in honor of my fourth blog-a-versary, I'm having a giveaway of a $100.00 gift certificate to HomeGoods/TJ Maxx. I'd love to have you join the fun!

- The Tablescaper

DIYbyDesign said...

That looks super yummy. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Great job! That was my trifle you pinned :) Thanks for giving it credit. You girls did a fabulous job!

Lina @ Fancy Frugal Life

Jeannie and Linda said...

Looks delicious and beautiful too! (and easy). I will be fixing this for the 4th of July.

Peace,
Linda at The French Hens Nest