Thursday, May 10, 2018

Spring on the Shutter


 Hello friends! I finally finished up the Spring Little House Needleworks ABC'S! I finished stitchi9ng it this morning and got it on the vintage shutter this afternoon!
I made the bow on the top from burlap and lace ribbon ..tan ticking and red farmhouse stripe ribbon ...daisies were added into the bow..
 I  used blue gingham for the mat behind the stitching ..I used sticky board but had to use more than one piece for the length. I changed the butterflies to bees and left out the heart over the bunnies and added a bee.. I changed 2 of the colors the lavender..sugared violets  was changed to Classic Colorworks Ladybug and I used Hickory Sticks instead of La Tierra ( surprise ..surprise from Classic Colorworks
 all the floss colors are below.. I love this and can't wait to see the summer version!


It all started with the Autumn ABC's
****Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
and now the Spring!


  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

8 comments:

stitchin_gma said...

Loveit! Could you come and visit me and do some finishing? I need to FFO Forest Friends and others. And now it Stitch Maynia and no time for anything but stitching!!!!!!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like how your spring piece turned out and I really like it mounted on the shutter. Well done!

Tina said...

Just beautiful!!!

Barb said...

That design is tempting me. I love the way you are displaying it on the shutter.

Sandy said...

I love them all and the shutter display is just perfect for this design. I like the bees too.

Janice Boucher said...

It looks so pretty!! I love the way your bows look. Could you please do a video tutorial on how you make them?

jane said...

Looks beautiful Priscilla!

Darlene Gardner said...

I don't know how I missed this one on your blog, but I saw in the video you had finished it. I will have to spend today taking out my stitches for "flower" because I didn't pay close enough attention to the little flower on the edge and stitched it bigger than necessary, which made my letters too far away from the word "garden". Oh well, live and learn and pay more attention next time! Sort of wished I had switched out the lavender for red too. I am a more red, white and blue gal than purple too. Love the way all of these look on your shutter. Since I am using Davos, mine is smaller. I want to finish each one as a bell pull.