Sunday, June 18, 2017

Liberty Lane




Hello friends!
Today my daughter finished up Liberty Lane from Country Cottage Needleworks... I started this on Memorial Day with her as a stitch along but I got sidetracked ! :)She brought it over along with a couple of pieces of vintage barn board.. I mounted it on sticky needlework board and then also mounted a piece of the navy ticking on another piece of needlework sticky board. My son-in-law cut the boards and screwed strips on the back to hold them together.
I made a flower from a strip of the ticking with some tea dyed red, white and blue ribbon on top. I ripped strips of navy and dark red check homespun and with a white pom pom trim made bunting for the top. Look how cute it looks on her mantel! Love that barn wood with the original red paint on it!

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughter is a wonderful stitcher like her mom:). The barn boards and your embellishments made it more special. Kathleen in Az

Chrissie B said...

Fabulous!!! The two of you are a great stitching & finishing team.....great job Chelsea & Priscilla

Carol said...

Love what you did with Chelsea's piece--you are so lucky to have a daughter who stitches (AND lives nearby!).

Barb said...

What a cute way to display the piece. She did a great job.

Mendy said...

Beautiful Priscilla!

Susan Lankford said...

Beautiful stitch...love it mounted on the board!

Linda said...

Woah, what going on over here?? I just came across this blog and looks interesting. Loads happening. I will be following you and hope to see great stuff here.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

It's so pretty and festive! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week’s shindig. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2017/07/make-pretty-monday-week-219.html Happy Summer to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

bennettas said...

I love what you did with your daughters Liberty Lane. Perfect.
Could I ask what thread colors she used? I have this pattern and getting ready to start it but love the colors she used a lot more than the lighter pastel colors.

Thank You.

Necia said...

Your work and your daughters is beautiful! I am so glad I heard about your flosstube channel. I just purchased this pattern after binge watching all your videos. Do you have the floss conversions that both of you did? I love both of your projects and would like to use your options instead of the called for floss. Thanks for all the inspiration to get me back into this fun hobby!

Unknown said...

Liberty lane, I see you changed the colors up. I am in love. Can you share your color choices for this pattern??