Sunday, March 19, 2017

Rabbits and Chickens ..Oh MY!



Happy Sunday!
I finished stitching these two pieces this week and got them fully finished today.. The first is Springtime Social from With Thy Needle and Thread. It's stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave..I found this pedestal frame at Michael's .. it is a pretty tall one..
I mounted the stitching on sticky needlework board.. Then mounted green gingham on another piece of sticky board.. glued the two pieces together.. added a couple magnets to the back and stuck it to the board.
This little bunny is from Prairie Schooler Book number 52.. I stitched him on black 28 count evenweave. I had found this frame at the Goodwill..I added black gingham to the back of the frame ...and mounted the stitching on sticky needlework board. I used magnets on top of the gingham and a small piece of sheet metal to the back of the stitching. 
I also added some mini pom pom trim around the back of the stitching. The frame was gold so it got a coat of off white chalk paint ..and then I glued black gingham ribbon around the frame with white ric rac on top. A gingham bow and covered button finish it off..
Seems like every time I finish something I need to rearrange all the spring vignettes!


The bunny only took a couple hours to stitch and the rooster with the chicken on his back took a couple nights worth of stitching.

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

6 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, I love your bunny on black finish, Priscilla! Perfectly darling! I am using the black and white gingham to finish mine, too, but that is as far as I've gotten! With my son visiting this week, I haven't had much free time to spend stitching or finishing. Love your bunny and chicken finish, too--and what a great display you have going there with all of your lovely bunnies :) I'm sure you smile each time you walk by!

Sandy said...

I love all of your bunnies and your finishes too. Gotta get busy on my bunny stitching.

Unknown said...

Your home is full of Spring treasures, so cheerful!
Kathleen in Az

Cindy Lou said...

Really cute. ! Great job !

Susan Lankford said...

Oh My! I'm new to your blog and stunned at the beauty of your arrangements. Not only are your cross stitch pieces lovely, but you are just as talented at creative framing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Beautiful