Saturday, March 11, 2017

It's An Easter Parade!


Good morning!

I was lucky enough to borrow this chart from one of my stitchy friends on Instagram .. Easter Parade by Blackbird Designs ..It is really hard to find and expensive if you can find it! It stitched up pretty quick and I finished it into a thrift store frame ($1.99)that I chalk painted.
I used the same rose gingham I used for the Easter peep.. I just wrapped the fabric around the board that was in the back of the frame and glued it. I mounted the stitching on needlework sticky board and glued that to the rose gingham board. I found this aqua burlap ribbon at Michael's and made a bow and also glued it all the way around the frame.
It's on display in the dining room.. with a Fitz and Floyd bunny tea pot in a chicken wire basket.
I changed out the dark rose color of the pack on his back , one of the star shapes and also the border.. For the pack I used Gentle Arts tropical ocean and gentle arts avocado for the border.. it is stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your embellishments just add to the sweetness of the bunny. I love the movie Easter Parade and your hutch!
Have fun stitching! Kathleen in Az

Unknown said...

You scored on that pattern. What a nice friend you have because its on Ebay for $75.00.
Alma is from my home town and I know her personally. Lovely lady but haven't been in contact for years. Love your blog.
I'll be stalking.
Iley

laceystitcher said...

Such adorable projects and your finishes are wonderful!! Thank you for sharing.

~Judy~ said...

Pure Perfection! You never disappoint. Love the color changes, ribbon, and the chalk painted frame. I love it all! TFS ♥ judy

Carol said...

He is just the cutest and I do love your color changes, Priscilla!! The Easter Bunny has been on my "to stitch" list for ages, but he just keeps getting pushed back for some reason. I love the way you have him displayed!