Wednesday, March 15, 2017

It's a Bunny Basket!



Good morning!
We have been having snow and cold for the past few days ..so what better to do than stitch! 
I finished this With Thy Needle and Thread Spring Delivery last night and finished it for display this morning..
I have this thing for buying these little picnic hampers at Thrift stores.. I have a stack of them in the foyer and also this one was on a table in the living room with a bunny plate displayed on top. Yesterday I walked by it and thought the bunny I was stitching needed to be on the basket!
I mounted it on sticky needlework board.. then mounted that on another sticky board covered with green gingham on the bias.( 0f course) :)
I made a bow out of burlap looking ribbon and added a bow from lace which I glued the tails to the back of the mounted stitching to hang it from ( I didn't glue it to the hamper ,it is tied to the lock on top so if I decide to stitch another piece for the basket I can switch it out) Always thinking ahead!
I displayed it on top of the vintage scale in the foyer ..added some faux cotton branches to the top and I am in love! It is stitched on 28 count tea/ coffee dyed evenweave.. most of the called for threads were used I did substitute a few similar colors.

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

7 comments:

Beca said...

I love the stitching. It gives your beautiful decor a nice handmade touch.
xx Beca

pj said...

Love this cute bunny design! Sweet and goes great with your spring vignettes!

I think I may have to order that pattern! 🤑

Thanks for sharing!

janicek said...

Just too adorable!!

Unknown said...

I like how you use different items to accent your cute projects:).
Kathleen in Az

~Judy~ said...

Love this pattern and colors. Perfect addition to your home. TFS judy

Carol said...

I really love everything about this finish, Priscilla!! The bunny, the basket, the ribbon, and your lovely spring display--so inviting :)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a sweet spring vignette!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy