Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A January Finish

 Good morning!
January Prairie Schooler is finished! I put the last few stitches in this morning and had to get it mounted and put on the chest in the foyer..
 I used blue check homespun on the bias for the backing..and both the stitching and blue homespun are mounted on sticky board..then glued together with small pieces of sheet metal on the back to attach to the magnets that I have glued to the frame. It is so easy to change It out monthly..
There is greenery .. small glitter houses..pine cones.. plaid and black check ribbons..snowflakes..a vintage scale..and a pedestal plate.. the January stitching is on a stack of coverless books...

Last year I stitched March through August ..Sept, Oct. and Nov. I didn't really like so I won't be stitching those so that leaves February and December to get stitched!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

5 comments:

Katie Mansfield said...

It is darling. I adore the children playing in the snow.

CathieJ said...

I am amazed at how quickly you get a finish completed after you finish stitching. January is very pretty.

Unknown said...

Cute! I like PS stitchery, has an old fashion look, Kathleen in Az

Sandy said...

I was just thinking today how much you had inspired me when I retired. I got back into stitching that I had really let go of for 20 years. I can't get enough hours in the day, but the most amazing thing about it was the ideas you provided for finishing instead of framing. I simply can't thank you enough for sharing those ideas. One of the first things I did was the monthly cottages and I love pulling them out each month.

Frankie said...

I love how you've finished this! I'm so impressed by how fast you go from a finished piece to a FFO. I really need to get moving! You're decorating style is just beautiful!