Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Chalkboard Winter Mantel

Good morning!
When Christmas is over.. I can't go cold turkey on all the trees and lights.. so... The snowman tree in the family room stays up through January ..

The white and flocked garlands stay on the mantel with a couple of the glitter houses.. the chalkboard got changed up from Christmas to winter..

I saw a photo on Instagram with a pillow like this and sent it to my daughter who got a Cricut  cutting machine for Christmas.. she brought me this yesterday ..she cut the words out with her Cricut using iron on vinyl and ironed it on this pillow .. love it so much!



Hope you are staying warm and cozy! It's an icy mess here .. I would rather have snow! Have a wonderful weekend!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

8 comments:

Paisley said...

Love the pillow! The red gingham behind it really sets it off!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I would love to be able to do the chalkboard art. Yours always look so nice. Love that pillow! Sweet daughter you have!

Unknown said...

Perfect Winter blackboard, take care with the ice, I can't imagine driving in it. Cute Winter pillow and your dog looks warm and cozy too:).
Kathleen in Az

Connie said...

What a lovely idea . . . it is hard to come up with a January theme, but you nailed it. I love your snowman tree, mantel and warm & cozy pillow. Great Job!!!

Laura said...

I like your chalk boards
, It is always fun to see what you are doing
makes me want to do something too
Hope your day is fun
Laura

Barb said...

Your DD must have gotten her craftiness form you! Love the mantel. I think snowmen are very appropriate in Jan. and Feb. Take care and be safe with the ice!

Darlene Gardner said...

Where did you find your flocked garland? I love your mantle and all your winter decorations.

Carol said...

What a perfect pillow for your room, Priscilla! Your home is so warm and cozy in every way :)