Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Stockings Were Hung ..Christmas Mantel 2016

 Good morning!
The mantel is all ready for Christmas! I used the same chalkboard frame I used for the Halloween mantel ..after I drew the picture I thought the frame needed to be painted   ..
I painted it with off white craft paint .. and I think it looks so much better! I dry brushed the edges for the detail to show.
 I used 3 different garlands ( white, flocked and green icy evergreen pieces.. some plaid bows .. clusters of Dollar Tree ornaments... a couple bottle brush trees and glittery paper ( putz like) houses from Homegoods, The furthest left was a present from my daughter this year .I have taken out all the battery packs in the bottom and stuff Christmas lights in the bottom of each to light them up
 All the stockings were stitched  by me .. I still have the replacement fro my youngest sons ..it is all stitched just need to finish the backstitch ...and OMG there is a lot of backstitch! I am hoping to take it down and replace his with w one before Christmas ! I am about 85% decorated and hoping to finish up today!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)


Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !
Linking to these fabulous parties !   http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

4 comments:

Summer said...

Stunning ♥

Unknown said...

A beautiful mantel with the handmade stockings. I love the chalkboard drawing, very Christmasy and cozy:).
Kathleen in Az

Patti said...

Oh how I love this chalkboard drawing! Would love to see it charted for cross stitch!
Blessings, Patti

Carol said...

Such a cute new chalkboard masterpiece, Priscilla, and the frame for it looks great, too! I'm so impressed by all of those stockings--you are the fastest stitcher :)