Monday, June 13, 2016

A Red ,White and Blue Stitchmaynia finish!


Happy Monday!
I finished stitching this Barbara Ana freebie( from Star Spangled Stitchers group on Facebook ) last week .. I wanted to get it finished up and on display! This was one of my Stitchmania starts last month..
I got this frame at the Goodwill for 99 cents and painted it with chalkboard paint .. I used the backing of the frame to put the red gingham on .. I used a magnet on the gingham and a small piece of sheet metal on the the back of the stitching . Just in case I have a small design at Christmas I could change it out..I stitched it on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave.. It's displayed in a thrift store gingham lined picnic basket ..
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties ! http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

7 comments:

Barb said...

You really have wonderful ideas for displaying needlework!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like your Stitchmaynia piece. Love the colors, the Flag, the bird, and everything else. Great finish!

GranthamLynn said...

Great patriotic display. Your stitchery is lovely.
I get your emails. It's nice getting mail. Are you getting mine?
Come by and see me.

Carol said...

I love how you've displayed your latest finish, Priscilla. It looks so cute nestled in the picnic basket. Such a cute freebie! I printed it off, but haven't stitched it yet--may have to wait until another summer :)

Oma said...

Hi Priscilla, do you have to belong to the group to get this freebie? If so, can anyone join?
We just love it!

Sam I Am...... said...

What a gorgeous display. I just joined the group and I'm waiting for acceptance. I loved that piece when you were working on it and wanted to buy it....and now it's a freebie? It's my lucky day! Thank you for all you share with us.

Carl & Mickie Yeates said...

I just joined the Star Spangled Stitchers and I can't find this chart. Where do I find it? I love this.