Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Seasons In Chalk ..Winter

 So... I have been keeping a secret since March.. and I am so excited that it is finally out!
If you are a regular here, you know that 2 of my favorite things are chalkboards and cross stitch, and now thanks to Cathy Habermann ( Designer of A Year In Chalk ..Hands On Design) you can stitch my chalkboard designs!  I still can't believe how lucky I am that Cathy asked me to collaborate on this series of chalkboard designs. 


 This is the first in the series ..The Seasons In Chalk ..Winter and is available in the January 2016 Just Cross Stitch Magazine..I can't even type because I am still jumping up and down :)
 The cross stitched piece is on the left and the chalkboard on the right ..it is hard to tell which is which! Cathy stitched this model on the 32 count slate fabric from Hand Dyed Fabrics By Stephanie.. She has just amazed me by how much the cross stitched piece looks like the chalkboard ..

This is my version of the stitched piece and I did mine on 28 count black Monaco ..
 I found this 11" x 14" frame at an Estate Sale last Spring ..It is a vintage paint by number frame ..I had a board cut to fit that I painted with chalkboard paint ..added magnets with hot glue and 2 small pieces of sheet metal to the back of the stitching.. This way I can change it out for all the fabulous pieces to come ( wait until you see them!)
I tied a black gingham bow to the top and added some flocked greens.. 




If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

29 comments:

Arlene G said...

Congratulations Priscilla....Love it and I am doing a happy dance for you!!

Syd said...

Congratulations! I love how Winter looks. Guess I need a subscription to Just Cross Stitch so I can get your collaboration pieces.

Angela said...

Congratulations to you, Priscilla! Angela

CathieJ said...

Congratulations Priscilla! How wonderful. I love your idea for framing. I recently realized that all the angels I have been stitching fit nicely on a small chalkboard. I am going to glue on Velcro to switch them out....maybe.

joyh82 said...

Awesome work and so pretty!

cindy said...

Haven't bought a xstitch mag in years but... may ask for that subscription for my birthday, just cdn exchange rate so high.. and mags are much more here to start with. Perhaps just get when I see whst I want which would be yours. Soooo happy. Would love if they are standard size so can change out frames as you do. So happy for you, you just amaze me. Hugs can't wait!

Faith... said...

Just saw Winter in the magazine and I was instantly drawn to it! I am planning on stitching it up in the new year and THANKS for the framing / switching out pieces idea; that is a GREAT idea!

Looking forward to your other seasons.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun collaboration! Looking forward to getting this issue and seeing what the other seasons will look like.

Carol said...

That is so neat, Priscilla! You and Cathy are both such chalkboard afficionados that this is a perfect partnership! Really love your chalkboards, both drawn and stitched. That little snowman is too cute :)

Unknown said...

Yahoo! I'm not surprised, I always thought you should have your artistic work in stitchery. Kathleen in Az

Gayle said...

I love it! I will definitely be purchasing all of these! Congratulations!

Darlene Gardner said...

Love this Priscilla! You truly are a woman after my own heart! I love doing seasonal decorating- I even change out pictures in my house for seasons (especially Christmas!) I will have to invest in Just Cross stitch so I can get this design!

Patty Sumner said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Blessings on many more to come.

Barb said...

I am so happy for you Priscilla! Congratulations! I will be buying the magazines to see your beautiful designs and I plan on stitching some of them.

Barbara F. said...

Congrats! You do such fabulous work!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Congratulations!!! So very happy for you Talented Lady!

The Queen Bee said...

That is so cool. Can't wait to find the magazine. I will over-come my dislike of stitching on black for this one!

Pam

Ellen S said...

Yea!! I love your chalkboard drawings and am so excited that They are being put to crossstitch!!! When will the new issue be out?

Delania said...

love your chalk board designs and can't wait to start stitching them.

Natasha said...

Congratulations. What a special treat to have Cathy designing your awesome chalk art :) I will purchasing this issue to stitch this design. Love the way you displayed it to.

Sandi Magle said...

How exciting Priscilla,

An original design now shared to thousands, no doubt, Stitchers. Great job, and Stitch-ON!...Sandi

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Congratulations! That's awesome that your chalk art was turned into cross stitch! It doesn't surprise me though. Your chalk art is beautiful Priscilla!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I am so happy for you Priscilla and I know you feel honored and you very well should. You are a gem of a lady! Many, many happy congratulations!

Denise Marie said...

You deserve the blessing!

eclectichomelife said...

How exciting. Not surprised you are jumping up and down. They look fabulous too. Wishing you all the success

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So neat. xoxo Su

Maggee said...

Congrats! I saw that Cathy had written about it on her blog, and said 'hooray!' for such a great collaboration! I have been wayyyy behind in blog reading, so not always commenting, but always reading. Your trees are magnificent of course! You must spend hours decorating, day after day, for weeks!! But it is so worth it! Congratulations again for a wonderful partnership in 2016 for us all! Hugs!

Renee said...

What an adorable cross-stitch! Love it!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
Love it!! CONGRATS to you!! Your chalkboard designs are amazing and what an honor that is to have them transformed to cross stitch!!
Hugs,
Deb