Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Living Room 2013

Good Sunday Morning ! Today I am sharing our Living Room decorated for Christmas !  We have 4 trees in the living room , the only real tree is in here ..and OH MY she is a big one this year !
 We get a Frasier fir every year , this tree is decorated with all our family memory ornaments , ornaments the kids have made, ornaments that we have collected for years ! I use red decomesh as a garland around the tree , and also in the bows on top. This year the tree stand is sitting in a galvanized bucket that I got at an Estate Sale .. Love, love,love it ! Did you know that Crate and Barrel sells a galvanized cover that looks just like my bucket for $69.00 !!!
 The Santa tree and the Christmas Village  are also in the Living Room..
 I have a collection of Santas On the top of the curio cabinet , with lights, garland and some real fir branches .. I cut the word JOY out on my Cricut and glittered them and they hang from the top of the cabinet..
 You can see all 4 of the trees in this photo ..
 Last year behind the tree was a wall ..we knocked down the wall in the foyer..so it is all open now and the first thing you see when you walk in the door is our huge tree !
 There are a lot of ornaments on this tree !
 We sit in here a lot during the holidays , the tree smells so good and all the decorations are so pretty to look at !

 My daughter and I have been making pillows like crazy.. I will show you all of them in another post.
 I have 3 wreaths hanging in the living room windows...The last tree in the room is the ice skate tree.. I was an ice skater in my younger days , so I have a lot of ice skate ornaments ..
Thanks so much for stopping by ! I appreciate all your visits and nice comments ! I truly appreciate each and every one of you ! I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas post !
I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest ..all the links are in the sidebar !
 
Linking to :

12 comments:

Art and Sand said...

G O R G E O U S !!!

Catherine said...

So beautiful! Your home should be in a magazine!!

Kris said...

Priscilla, that room is just magnificent! I would so love to sit in there in the evening, when all of the lights are on! Your family tree, has many of the same, or similar ornaments that ours does. The ones the kids made in school over the years.
You were an ice skater eh? How fun. I cannot ice skate to save my life!
XO Kris

Jannie said...

Hi Priscilla - new to your blog. Just scrounging through blogs last night and saw this. Found it again today. I'm amazed! Just amazed. How in the heck long does it take you to do this every year? What a joy for everyone else. Thx so much for sharing. Puts me in the mood.

ohiofarmgirl said...

I would love to sit on the sofa in the evening and enjoy the glow. Dianntha

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh my what a gorgeous room!
My daughter was a figure skater too and we also have a lot of skating ornaments.
Thanks for sharing,
Cindy

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the smell of that tree!

Carol said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Such a gorgeous room, Priscilla--I'll bet you wish you could keep your Christmas decorations up year round :)

Linda O said...

Absolutely amazing!!! So much time must have been spent making all of your trees and rooms look so beautiful.
The real tree must smell wonderful.
What a lovely room to sit in and enjoy.
Love Linda O xxx

Gabriele said...

Magnificent! Would be very pleased to sit there and watch all the deco!
Greetings

DianeM said...

Wow! Everything looks so beautiful! I got caught up reading all your posts from the past week - your decorations & rooms are all so perfect! Now I want to go buy some Christmas village houses - your town looks so pretty under the tree :) Thanks so much for taking the time to share all this with us :) Your remodeled rooms are lovely.
Smiles, DianeM

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Oh I love it! When can I come visit? It's looks like Kris Kringle's living room, or the best place to have the Holidays surrounded by tons of Grandkids! all gorging themselves on sweets and candy canes.... It really looks amazing with that foyer wall down too....