Monday, November 11, 2013

The Stockings Were Hung





 The Christmas decorating has started ! This is our family room mantel .. I love how it turned out !
 I made the sign from a piece of plywood. I wrote the words in pencil , and then just painted them and added LOTS of glitter ! Love the bling :). I used a foam stamp for the snowflakes. The two big snowflakes are from the Dollar Tree. The lit houses are from Home Goods.. They are battery operated but I didn't want to worry about batteries so we poked a hole in the back and just stuck a couple lights in each one. There are 2 garlands, one is pure white the other is green with flocking and pinecones. I made all the stockings.. They are counted cross stitch and each one takes me about a year to finish stitching. I added a white garland to the ribbon that holds the stockings.
 
 
 

Thanks for stopping by ! I will be back with more Christmas !
  I appreciate all your visits and comments!
Come follow me on Instagram , Facebook and Pinterest ! Links are in the sidebar !
Linking to :

15 comments:

Catherine said...

I am bowing down to you right now......lol!! You are so creative and I love all the special touches!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh how very pretty!
It just sparkles, great job there.
Cindy

Kris said...

You have been a busy, busy bee! Love the mantel! So festive and pretty! Great job on the wood piece!
And I missed your previous post. LOVE that too. I have some chalkboard fabric, and haven't used it yet. I love this idea. Mind if I copy it?
xo Kris

Angela said...

Stunning!I be copy catting that! Angela

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Its started! and I know I can't wait to see all of your darling decorating!

Carol said...

Oh, how pretty your mantle looks, Priscilla--I need to check my Dollar Tree for those giant snowflakes. The stitched stockings are incredible--so, so many hours of stitching in each one! What a treasure for your family members...

Barb said...

Your mantel is just beautiful!! I am amazed at the stockings that you stitched!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh it is so beautiful. I love your sign too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

Susanne said...

I am bowled over by your creative ideas and following through with them. I know just how tedious it can be to make the stockings, all that work, and so believable that it too a year just to make one. What a labor of love! Now I wish I had a mantle, but alas, there is no room. I have always loved Christmas, for a few years I have not done much because my husband was so sick, but seeing this makes me want to do something too, even though it would be on a smaller scale. Thank you!
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, so very pretty!

Kathleen said...

I love your decorations. Everyone having a different kind of stocking is really great and the colors really pop. Nice job. Thank you for linking up to Tips and Tricks!

Kathleen said...

I love your decorations. Everyone having a different kind of stocking is really great and the colors really pop. Nice job. Thank you for linking up to Tips and Tricks!

Unknown said...

Very cute mantel for Christmas. I haven't done mine yet, over Thanksgiving mine will be worked on. Doing crafts though.

hugs, Lynnie

Tammy Killoough said...

Such a pretty and creative mantel. I'm so glad you linked it up with us on Twirl and Take a Bow! ~Tammy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Gorgeous! I haven't started yet, but can't wait! I have a few of those house from Home Goods. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann