Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Girl Owl Set

 Hello ! Last week I had a request for a baby girl owl blanket and hat ... Isn't this just the cutest :)
 I used Red Heart Yarn in 2 colors of pink and one color of brown ..I previously made this set for a boy , you can see that here ..



I have picked strawberries 3 times now out of the garden for a total ( so far) of 7-1/4 pounds.. Not too bad for my little patch !
I have made baby spinach , strawberry, apple and bacon salad with a balsamic vinagrette twice ( so good) !

My daughter made this box chocolate cake that we split open and topped with berries and whip cream ( Amazing !)
It was the oldest grandsons birthday on Sunday , so I made a white cake , bought some of that cool whip frosting ( its very good) used that in the middle with some strawberries , then topped it with more frosting , fresh strawberries and crushed oreos ! Looks fancy but so easy !

We have been having unusually cool weather in the low 50's last night , that it seems our garden is not growing as fast as it should! Supposed to be in the 90's this weekend so hopefully that will help. The only thing that is growing really good are my potatoes in pots ! They are huge ! This is my current crochet work in progress.. My daughter wants to do her room in grey and yellow, and she wants a chevron pattern..So I am making a grey and white ripple blanket and I found the pattern for these huge roses on pinterest..They are at least 6 inches across.. I plan on doing a couple clusters of them and maybe some smaller ones too on each end... here is the pattern for the roses. I am about 3 times this far on the blanket right now..

Thanks as always for visiting and your nice comments ! Have a great day !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the owl stuff - that blanket looks beautiful in those colors! Can't wait to see your ripple finished

Catherine said...

Everything looks so good!! I love that owl set ~ the colors remind me of those coconut candies!

Barbara F. said...

The owl set is so pretty in pink with the chocolate brown. And the cakes look scrumptious. xo

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

Those owls are super cute! My friend would have loved them for her baby girl last year!

Also, whoa on the strawberries, they look incredible!!

I hope you come by and linkup with us at
http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Love the owl set :)

Petunia Pill said...

Adorable! The requestor will lovvvve this! I like the colors! Great work!

Taci simmons said...

How pretty ... The blanket and hat is adorable!

Barb said...

The owl set is just adorable . What a good use of your strawberries! It all looks yummy.

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

Seeing projects like this makes me want to pick up crocheting. I'm thinking next year after we have our farm up and running I'm going to start.

I love the owl

Hugs,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Priscilla, the baby set is so darn precious. Love, love it! I love strawberries and putting them in a spinach salad is one of my fav's. I have a recipe for a strawberry dressing that is so delicious. Love the grey and yellow blanket you've started for your daughter too. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Sarah L. said...

Adorable!

I found your website from Southern Lovely. I just started a new blog and I would love for you to follow me, too! http://naptimenothings.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to more posts!
Sarah@
Naptime Nothings

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So very darling Pricilla!

Anonymous said...

Cute owl hat and blanket! I love the owl you crocheted on the blanket. I made a blue owl blanket and hat set a few months ago for my cousin. Oh, I also love the yellow roses you crocheted, too!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party #37

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, goodness. It is so cute! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features later today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

andi filante said...

The owl set is sooooo super-super cute!! I will be pinning that for sure!! I don't normally refer to my own projects in a comment, but since I saw your owl hat, I wanted to share the penguin hat I made for my daughter.

http://delusionsofingenuity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-penguin-project.html

Thanks again for sharing the owl set. I'm going to be looking at it all day. :)

xo
-andi

Edwin G. said...

Love the owl blanket and hat, Can you tell me where I can purchase the pattern?

Unknown said...

love the owl set.. where could one find the pattern? would love to make one for my soon to be born niece :)

Unknown said...

Is there a pattern for this and how can I make it bigger?