Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Patriotic wreath

I made 2 of these this weekend.One for me, one for my daughter. Its a stiff mesh (decomesh ) that you pin in a foam wreath.
Before pinning the decomesh on I wrapped the foam wreath with ribbon in case any of the wreath would show through.
Using red and white decomesh I cut pieces about 16 " long and pinned them to the styrafoam wreath . I also hot glue over my pins to make sure it holds since this wreath is outside on the door. Then the navy decomesh went on ( just taking sections and pinning ,not cutting each section) I found the stars in the scrapbook section of the store ( they were plain chipboard) and spray painted them white.   Those were then hot glued on .  I use fishing wire to hang the wreath on the door. There are lots of step by step  instructions to make decomesh wreaths on the internet ,if you need help.     linking up to   http://nv-craftenvy.blogspot.com/2011/06/saturday-spotlight-52.html

3 comments:

Coley said...

Popped over from Night Owl Crafting. That turned out super cute! Very patriotic.

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

Love this :) Super cute!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Beautiful