Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Time for a Stitchy Update ( a very exciting one!)


Good morning!
It's time for a stitchy update!
February from Prairie Schooler is moving along.. I did not like that groundhog in the top right corner...so I added a cardinal . There is another groundhog on the bottom and that will be replaced with a cardinal too.. He was a little cartoonish for my liking :)
Another chalkboard ornament was finished from Hands On Design .. this one is from collection 3 .. trying to do one ornament a month! Working on Christmas pieces on Sundays through the year ..
Let it Snow from Stitchrovia.. I doubt this one will get finished to put out this winter.. Hopefully next winter!
I actually finished 2 ornaments in January and this Santa and chicken from an older Just Cross Stitch ornament issue..
Since Santa's Village was a success last year I am doing a Frosty Forest stitchalong on Instagram ( come on over and join Us) One chart a month ..I am doing these separately on light blue coffee/tea dyed 28 count evenweave.
Fridays I am trying to stitch Fall pieces and this is the first up..Autumn Leaves from Prairie Schooler.
And then ...none of those things I just showed you is being stitched...because ... look at these colors! There is a new chalk design coming from Hands on Design and me! Reagan knows it's a secret so she is hiding it :) Ha ha! So get ready to stitch all you stitchy chalkboard loving friends!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

14 comments:

Mary Jean said...

So excited. I'm working on Spring right now and loving it. Thanks!!!

Jackie See said...

Just beautiful! My mom is very crafty and enjoys sitting and working on different projects. I wish I had your talent!

Beca said...

Beautiful stitching. Makes me want to learn. ♥♥
xx Beca

Carol said...

So pleased to read there will be a new collaboration, Priscilla--everyone enjoys them so much! Love your PS projects--I have stitched Feb., but need to do Autumn leaves one of these days. Good luck with your ornament a month--I have finished stitching my January one, but not finish/finished it yet. Have to leave for work now, so it will have to be done in February :)

Darlene Gardner said...

I like your idea for stitching a certain category on different days of the week. I don't think I can be that smart. I just finished 2 winter pieces and I am presently working on something for Valentines. Need to be more organized like you are!

Karyn said...

Beautiful stitching, Priscilla, and amazing progress. I agree with you on "February" I like the Cardinal much better than the ground his...what a great idea that you came up with to replace it.
I love your chalkboard finish, and drool over the patterns, but stitching on black seems like a hard task so I never jump in. I adore yours!
I also love your idea of focused stitching on certain days of the week, what a great way to stitch through your WIPs, as well as, give yourself nice variety.
Reagan is so sweet and does remind me so much of my Teagan, you are right...you just can't help but fall in love with the Jackies, especially as stitch companions...and funny that their names are so close too.
Hugs

Paisley said...

Beautiful stitching! Feeling inspired after reading your post!

Unknown said...

I can't get pass your adorable dogs:). I love the Autumn Leaves! I just think how my mom would love your stitchery projects and your warm lovely home.
Kathleen in Az

Christine said...

Beautiful job on all the finishes!

Arlene G said...

I just finished the PS February but i left off the hearts and cherries at the bottom. I like the cardinal...not crazy about the ground hog either but he is part of February so I left him there. I also got around to using your method of displaying seasonal needlework. Thanks for sharing. Saved me a lot of money in framing.

said...

Oh I love the cardinal? Did you find him on another ps chart? I have just started February myself and because I'm in the uk I'm changing the words to "will you be my Valentine"
Love your blog and all the beautiful things you do

CathieJ said...

I love all those pretty projects. That cardinal is perfect for that piece.

Chrissie B said...

As always you amaze me with all your stitching!!! I love your blog so keep up the great work.....

Unknown said...

May I ask as to what year of Just Cross Stitching Christmas Ornaments issue was the Santa and Rooster in?