Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Little Stitchy Update ...April 2016




Happy Saturday!
Here is a little update of what I have been stitching ! My daughter is getting married next month ..she did not find any ring bearer pillows she liked so I offered to stitch one for her . She wanted it to look chalkboardish so this is what I came up with. I still have to make it into a pillow but isn't that burlap and rhinestone trim amazing! This was my first time charting my own design and OMG its not easy . But I can say it is a one of a kind :)
I finished stitching Summer Breeze by Prairie Schooler
Started stitching the last design for the Seasons in Chalk series with Hands on Design and "me" for Just Cross Stitch Magazine.. This one is my favorite but I L-O-V-E them all !  The Summer design is out in the current issue..


I try to use Fridays to stitch on Fall designs so this one got worked on last night ..EEk there's a witch :) They are from Judith Kirby and you stitch them both together ..it is super cute! I just Love the fence !

I am keeping up with my Santa's Village from Country Cottage Needleworks ..One a month ..this month it was Mrs. Claus cookie cottage.. This is super cute but hard to get a good photo ..Saving the french knots until the whole piece is completed.
Well..that's it for now.. Have a great weekend! I have been happily working in the yard .It is finally warm enough ..and today I am tackling the compost pile and digging out all the compost . Got to get myself ready for that chore  ..LOL!
Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so amazed at your work. I have a Judith Kirby witch shoe I believe (was sent as a gift) however I have never stitched so small and am afraid to even attempt it on the gorgeous linen piece it came with.. Any advice?

Arlene G said...

Just beautiful and an heirloom to cherish Priscilla. I am working on Prairie Schooler's Sunny Days from 2011. It is a series of small ornaments but I am stitching them all together. I am going to frame it and display it on my breakfast bar for summer. Love those fall projects too. For some reason, I am really drawn to fall stitching.

Vickie said...

You did an amazing job for your daughter and SIL. I know. I have tried, and it IS hard to get a design the way we want when making up a pattern for ourselves!

Anonymous said...

Love your ring pillow, it is super cute!! Your wips are beautiful!!

Ellen S said...

The pillow is wonderful!! You did a great job designing! Can't wait for the new JCS issue!, I am addicted to these chalk designs!! I love them all!! Your blog is my favorite!!!

Jackie said...

The pillow is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job designing it. Love all your works in progress....

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your daughter! The pillow is beautiful! Your own stichery is wonderful, I'm not surprised that you're designing:) and I'm love all the stichery you are working on too. Of course having a doggie cuddling near you makes it more enjoyable:) Kathleen in Az

Laura said...

Your work is so nice ,Have a fun week
Laura

Pondside said...

Well done!
I have the Santa's Village series but so far everything pattern is still in its little plastic bag. One of these days.........

Carol said...

Oh, what an exciting day you have coming up, Priscilla--congratulations to your daughter and her fiance :) The ring-bearer's pillow is so beautiful and you did a wonderful job on both designing and stitching it. What a special touch that will be to her day!

Love, love, love the PS finish and the Judith Kirby scene is delightful. I only had the first of the patterns so stitched that one on its own.

Best of luck as you count down the days--enjoy!

Karen said...

Love the ring bearer pillow! You did a fantastic job designing and stitching it. Just got the latest issue of JCS yesterday. Looking forward to stitching the summer chalkboard.

CathieJ said...

I first charted my own design 6 years ago when I couldn't find a 25th anniversary sampler that I liked. It wasn't all that easy to do so I have since invested in PCStitch pro to chart my ideas. I love your ring bearer pillow. What a wonderful keepsake for your daughter and her husband.