Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Chandelier and Basil Cubes

 Hi ! Thanks for stopping by ! I am so excited to show you our new chandelier ! Back in February we started taking down walls and  ceilings.. Here is a link to the start of that fun :)
 We couldn't find a chandelier in any of the stores around here that we really liked but we found this online from LampsPlus.
 It has amber colored crystals instead of white, and I think that goes better with our dining room furniture.
 We had to put all those elements on it , it came pretty naked and they give you a diagram of where to put it all ! That part took longer than the installing it part !
 My daughter in law ,daughter, and I put all the pieces on.
 I still don't have the inside of my hutch decorated the way I would like it to be , but Fall is coming so I can decorate it for Fall !

 This morning I cut all my basil off to make basil cubes for the freezer. It is like having fresh basil all year.
 First you wash all your basil, then put it in paper towels and squeeze the water out .
 I then use my mini food processor with a couple Tbsp.of olive oil .. I keep adding the basil until its all been chopped up.You just want the leaves to be coated with the olive oil , not drenched or soupy.
 Then spoon it into ice cube trays, push the basil down to make sure it is compacted into cubes.. Put it in the freezer until they get hard , pop them out , (sometimes you need to take a knife down the side of the cube to get them out).. I keep mine in zip loc freezer bags , and just take one out and pop it into sauce, or marinades . Basil is great because it grows back and you can do this a few times during the growing season ! Hope you make some basil cubes !
linking to :http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://www.jannolson.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your chandelier is gorgeous, you did good waiting til you found the perfect one for you. Last year we bought an antique chandy and hubby and me took so long in assambling the crystals in it! Thank you for the idea of the basil cubes, it's awesome, as I adore basil pesto and to use in many récipes. Big hugs,
FABBY

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, that chandelier is gorgeous, looks fabulous in your dining room. Great idea with the basil cubes too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Catherine said...

Fabulous chandelier!! Thanks for the info on how to do the cubes ~ I'll have to try that!

Barb said...

Beautiful chandelier! Great way to use your basil. My DD has quite a bit so I'll give her the suggestion.

Kris said...

So pretty and blingy!
I have a freezer full of pesto too!!
xo Kris

Astri said...

What a breathtakingly beautiful chandelier!

Good idea on the basil. I better do that this weekend as mine is bolting!

Thanks P!

Pamela said...

You a girl after my own heart. I LOVE your new chandy with all of its bling. Great choice. Thanx for joining THT!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Oh that chandelier is just beautiful! And I just love basil!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Priscilla, your new chandelier is gorgeous. I love that sparkle! I am cutting both my basil plants this weekend for caprese salad. I will freeze the rest. Thanks for the tip! And thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann